Looking for a way to burn fat, have fun and get your body moving? Then look no further than Group Groove—a cardio experience that is a fusion of club, urban, and Latin dance styles, set to the hottest current hits and the best dance songs ever created. Interested? Want to learn more? Well, we’ve laid out everything you need to know!
Group Groove utilizes moves from three styles of dance; club, urban and Latin. These styles include many types of dance, such as: house, techno, disco and rock n’ roll for club, hip hop, rap, R&B, jazz and funk for urban and samba, salsa, house and meringue for Latin.
Each class starts with a warm-up to get you loose and ready to move! You’ll then experience a number of songs taking you through the different dance styles. You will literally get to stomp, shimmy, shake and smile!
Since Group Groove is a cardiovascular workout, you can do it once a week or get it groovin’ everyday! In addition, the more you groove, the more your balance and coordination will improve.
What Does it Entail?
Group Groove’s cool approach will have you moving to a variety of dance styles, accompanied by top-charting songs to get your heart pounding and sweat pouring as you feel the freedom of dance. Each track has been expertly choreographed to be easily followed and with a specific fitness and workout aim.
Each class typically includes:
- Warm-Up – Hit the floor early with dance-inspired moves designed to help you get your Groove on!
- First Dance – Not wanting to peak too early, this track helps you get your “dance face” on. Mostly low-impact dance moves will help you continue to warm up and get to work!
- Party Dance – This is where the Groove party really gets started! Sometimes Latin inspired, sometimes the best of Disco—but no matter what, this one puts a smile on your face and gets the heart working.
- Low Dance – Work on shaping and toning the legs and glutes with dance styles that drop you low, so you feel the burn!
- Cardio Dance – This one serves up the work, which means that hearts will be pounding and the sweat will be pouring!
- Break Dance – Not to be confused with resting—this is the calm before the storm!
- Finale – The class finishes on an emotional and physical high with this big dance fusion!
- Cool Down – Think of a slow, but cool dance – the one before you go home. We’ll stretch out those dancing muscles to make sure you recover and are ready for your next Groove!
Is It For Everyone?
Simply put, yes! Group Groove is for anyone of any age who wants to have fun and sweat a ton! Group Groove is ideal for:
- Anyone looking for a fun way to get a great cardio workout
- Those who might find “exercise” a bit too serious and just need to smile
- Anyone who has danced in their bedroom while using a hairbrush as a microphone
- Anyone who can’t stop tapping their foot or wiggling their hips whenever they hear any song
- Anyone who wants to feel young again
How Often Should You Do It?
Because Group Groove is a cardio-fitness jam, you can do it once a week or Groove every day. How you feel the next day will be your best gauge, in terms of the recovery your body needs between workouts.
Tips to Get the Best Out of Groove
Just remember that it is only your first time once! Here are a few tips to ensure a good workout and overall enjoyment:
- Wear comfortable workout attire. Most people wear sweatpants, cargo pants, or shorts with tanks or t-shirts. Basically anything that makes you feel cool and lets you move.
- Wear comfortable athletic shoes. We suggest not wearing platform shoes.
- Bring a water bottle and a towel.
- Arrive early! That way you can meet with your instructor and they can answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
- Ignore the mirrors! They can be distracting—just have fun and remember that the instructor is the best source of visual technique.
We can all but assure you, that after class, you’ll be disappointed that the class is over. You’ll be amazed that an hour has already gone by. You may be surprised the next day that you are a little sore—but don’t despair, this is a great sign. It means you got a great workout, even while you were smiling and laughing!