It’s hard enough to meal prep well on a regular diet. But when you have to take into account other factors, like no meat, or low carbs, or even family-friendly requirements, it’s near impossible. And to come up with new ideas, week after week, so that you don’t have to eat the same food for months? Who has the time for that?
Luckily, we do. So we pulled together our favorite resources from all around the web for your specific diet.
Family-Friendly Meal Prep
Cooking for a whole family is tough. Meal prepping for them is even tougher. Luckily, lunch boxes are perfect for meal prep.
- Family Fresh Meals Lunch Box Ideas
- Family Fresh Meals has meal plans already made for you, treats to enjoy on cheat days, and tips on how to balance it all.
- MOMables: A Mom’s Guide to Sunday Meal Prep for Kids
- MOMables also has awesome kid-friendly specialty meal plans for grain, dairy, and meat free diets!
- Kid-Friendly Breakfasts to Meal Prep
- Check out The Every Mom’s Food & Drink section—it has tons of ideas for kid- and family-friendly meal prep ideas and recipes.
Trending Diet Meal Prep
There’s nothing wrong with trying a new diet on for size. When we’re talking “trending” diets, we mean the stuff that’s gotten big in the last few years: paleo, keto, and Whole 30.
Paleo Meal Prep Resources
What’s Paleo? Paleo excludes grains, dairy, and processed foods (it’s meant to model how early humans used to eat—lots of veggies, meats, fish, and fruit).
- They had us at Almond Butter Berry Breakfast Bars.
- MealPrepOnFleek: Paleo Section
- Paleo Running Momma
- Delicious ideas that aren’t just for runners. Yes, please.
Keto Meal Prep Resources
What’s Keto? The ketogenic diet is based off of a ratio system: you get 75 percent of your calories from fats, 20 percent from proteins, and just five percent from carbs.
- This one’s pretty straightforward!
- The Keto Queens
- This blog is best for beginners who want to meal prep on keto (and learn lots of additional info on not only keto, but how to fuel right, stay healthy on the diet, and find other resources!)
- This blog focuses its efforts on biohacking—or hacking the body to help it reach its peak performance. There are tons of options for keto eaters as well as other diets, like paleo, dairy-free, and grain-free.
Whole30 Meal Prep Resources
What’s Whole30? Whole30 is a diet that consists only of whole foods—like paleo, it excludes grains, dairy, processed sugars, and alcohol. Unlike paleo, it allows you to use salts and spices to make your food more flavorful.
- Whole30 Meal Plans
- What better place to start than the actual Whole30 site?
- This article includes an awesome collection of recipes from around the web.
- Our Paleo Life
- Seems counterintuitive, but since paleo and Whole30 are on the same wavelength, Our Paleo Life gives a ton of great insight. Better yet, this blog has four weeks of meal prep already planned out for you.
Lifestyle Meal Prep
Whether your body or taste buds need vegetarian, dairy-free, or gluten-free options, there are tons of lifestyle blogs that can lend a hand. Here are some of our favorites.
- For Vegetarians: Check out this curated list of vegetarian blogs—all of them have amazing recipes and quick meal prep ideas that will help you get creative on your meat-free grind.
- For Dairy-Free Diets: GoDairyFree has a ton of recipes that promote (and support) a dairy-free lifestyle, whether that’s because of lactose intolerance or otherwise.
- For Gluten-Free Diets: WhatTheFork’s gluten-free blog network has resources for people with Celiac disease, gluten intolerances, or those who are just trying to work gluten out of their diets. This is an awesome place to start.
Budget-Friendly Meal Prep
There’s no way around it: buying groceries is expensive. And we often buy more than we need. It’s okay to prefer the alternative food regimen to paleo and keto: the Cheap Diet. And, surprisingly, it’s easier than it might seem to eat healthy on a low budget. Here are the places we turn to if we’re looking for a low grocery bill.
- Budget Bytes
- Cheap meal prep ideas that don’t sacrifice taste or health. If you thought that you couldn’t get a ton of flavor with low-budget meals, think again.
- Brokeass Gourmet
- They’ve since turned into a cookbook (that’s how you know they’re good). This blog gives you meal ideas that are all under $20.
- The 99 Cent Chef
- Don’t be fooled by this blog’s lack of glamour. What it doesn’t have in flash, it makes up for in humor, good food, and great stories. Spend some time here—you won’t be sorry.
Did we skip your specific diet? Have questions? Want extra nutrition and fitness tips? Subscribe to our blog for more on diet, wellness, workouts, and health.