Updated September 1, 2020
Dear Valued Member:
We are continually evaluating how to open and operate the Jersey Strong gyms in a safe and responsible manner for employees and members. This is a collaborative process with our members who are part of establishing a safe environment for themselves, other members and employees.
With that in mind, the following Rules and Regulations will become a part of your membership agreement and be binding upon you:
- Each time you visit the club, you confirm that you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19, have not been exposed to COVID-19 within the preceding 14 day period to the best of your knowledge, and have not received a diagnosis of COVID-19 in the preceding 14 day period.
- If you are sick, exposed to COVID-19, or diagnosed with COVID-19, you agree to promptly notify the club and refrain from returning to the club until a medical professional confirms that it is safe for you to return the club. The club reserves the right to request a doctor’s note or other document to evidence your safe return to the club.
- You are required to wear a face covering at all times while in the club (except in the case of a medical condition) until this mandate is lifted by the club.
- You agree to stay at least six (6) feet away from any other members (and staff) while in the club, and to avoid unnecessary physical contact with people and surfaces.
- You agree to disinfect all equipment before and after your use, to keep your hands washed and sanitized while in the club, and refrain from visiting any areas of the club restricted from member access and/or using any pieces of exercise equipment that are marked as unavailable.
- In exchange for good and valuable consideration, you hereby re-affirm the waiver of liability executed in your membership agreement, which for the avoidance of any doubt, are extended to include any claims related to COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases. For the avoidance of any doubt, you hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all claims and rights that you may have to sue or assert claims against Jersey Strong, LLC or its affiliates, related companies, assigns, predecessors, successors, assigns, transferees, representatives, principals, executors, or administrators in any way related to COVID-19, including for injury, loss of property, or property damage.
- Jersey Strong provides Online and Virtual Workouts including but not limited to workouts provided on the Jersey Strong website, Facebook page, Instagram account, Youtube channel, Jersey Strong mobile Apps, and any other workouts delivered through any digital platform either online or downloaded. These workouts may be recorded at the club while you are present. You agree that the club may photograph or videotape any events or sessions and that you expressly consent to such recordings or photographs and to Jersey Strong, LLC or any other entity utilizing these images or recordings for any media or promotional purposes without any financial or other compensation due to you. This waiver and release of liability does not supersede the waiver of liability contained in the membership agreement and is merely an addition to that waiver.
Club attendants will be monitoring the gym floor, including helping to clean the equipment and enforce the above noted rules and regulations. A club attendant may provide instructions for your safety and the safety of other members and employees. You are required to comply with any club attendant’s instructions and the club reserves the right to ask you to leave the club if you refuse to comply with any instructions.